Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!


My best wishes to all my readers and followers. 
Running this blog has been an exciting ride this far, and I like to think I’ve provided some good information and food for thought to whoever visited. In the short life of this blog, the trend has been a constant growth in terms of visits and number of comments (and spam assaults too, but that's to be expected as a consequence of the first two!) that I hope to see continuing. 

I want to thank you all for your support, for your visiting and for your comments, while I wish you the best Christmas and a happy new year. 

And if sometimes my articles have been boring, unclear, not as detailed as you would have liked, I apologize. I apologize for my errors and mistakes, including my use of "naval miles”, which, of course, caused horror in some comments I’ve read on an article of mine in another forum. Message received, I’ll try and educate my hands in using the correct term. Have mercy on me, I do remain an Italian-speaker, after all!
For all my errors, all I do is done with the best of intents, to try and provide the most accurate, timely and complete information and, of course, some educated speculation as well, when there is scope to suggest and guess. 

I can only add that I hope in a better year for defence, as we go towards 2013. The last few years have been among the most painful, and they have left wounds that are going to be felt long into the future. May 2013 bring better news and some relief for everyone in Defence. 
I'll be here to talk about it, as always. 

Special wishes and thank you for all serving and retired members of the Forces: you are still the finest! 

Gabriele 

14 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas to you too sir ! Hope you have a good one :-)

    Jed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy christmas, excellent posts look forward to reading more in the new year!
    Sellers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaby

    Yes, Happy Christmas to you. I too look forward to more posts in the New Year. They are never boring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jolly bello spettacolo
    Thanks
    CF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers, keep the posts coming in the New Year.

    Merry Christmas everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to say that this is one of the most well written and detailed defence blogs I've ever read and I think that the level of research and work you put in, despite not being a native English speaker is nothing short of fantastic. Yes there are the odd grammar or minor fact errors but that is human, and exactly what your commenters should be for, giving you extra pairs of eyes to check over things! Seriously, I see the BBC make bigger mistakes with both (especially in defence issues) much more often than I spot them on here. And I get clearer answers from this blog than I ever would from reading MOD releases.

    So good on you, and heres to more informative work next year, and hopefully a little less doom and gloom.

    And of course, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for your kind comments and wishes!

      Delete
  7. Gaby,

    Merry Christmas and a massive thank you for your blog, you have many admirers

    Opinion3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Gabs

    the blog has been very timely and comprehensive, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gabriele, I hope your Christmas is peaceful and the New Year brings happiness. Your blog is probably the best for me or 'us Brits'. Yes, you are an anglophile armed forces Italian and thats what makes it so great. Your sound research and resultant opinions are, as far as I am concerned, unbiased. We, in many cases, have the 'baggage' of having been either Navy, Army or RAF which is bound to put some bias on our thinking. I wonder if we Europeans can ever get our act together??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Xmas Gabbie, looking forward to more from you in the new year.

    Kind regards

    JBT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gabriele, do keep up the good work, your blog is a must read, always interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gabriele, just found this site and it is superb your knowledge and technical explanation is second to none , looking forward to following this site in 2013.
    Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year Gabriele.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and best wishes to you for a happy new year.

      Delete

Everybody can comment on this blog without needing a Blogger account. It is meant to keep the discussion free and open to everyone. Unfortunately, anonymous accounts keep the door open for spammers and trolls, so i'm forced to moderate comments and approve them before they appear. Apologies for the inconvenience.